My Qoop

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Accepted (2006)

Hoffman AMC Theater - Alexandria, VA 22307

Rating: 7 ½ out of 10
The PG-13 rating is from the language used.

The movie was generally entertaining. The story had a lot of possibilities, as with must movies in the past centered around college dorm life. The main character played by Justin Long (the kid who gets eaten in Jeepers Creepers), was similar to a mediocre Van Wilder. His friend, (Jonah Hill) who also played a small part in The Forty Year Old Virgin, really made the movie pretty funny. If you have seen the previews, “Ask me about my wiener” coming from a fat kid in a Oscar Meyer Weiner suit, his lines were just as great throughout the movie. I think he’s going to be in more comedies later on. The dean, played by Lewis Black, added a lot of laughs to the movie as well. The role of the moronic friend (Adam Herschman) didn’t deliver as well as a person in that role should have.
In summary, it was worth the money and I had a good time watching it. I will most likely buy the DVD when it comes out. If you are looking for the typical college T&A, you’re not going to find it here.

No comments: