My Qoop

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Beerfest (2006)

Hoffman AMC Theater - Alexandria, VA 22307

Rating: 6 out of 10
The R rating is from the language used and nudity.

Broken Lizard always entertains, but in this movie, I was let down. I didn’t enjoy Beerfest nearly as much as I did Super Troopers. The comedy troop did add a lot of funny ideas and scenes throughout the film, but if you believed the previews showed you how funny this movie would be, you are going to be as disappointed as I was walking out. Of the three movies Broken Lizard made, Super Troopers was the funniest by far, Club Dread ranking as an entertaining no.2, but Beerfest is dismal compared the other two.
The movie is still worth seeing, but don’t get your hopes up. Perhaps I am being so hard on this film, because I think they could have done much better with the movie. The plot and characters were great, but as a whole, it just didn’t deliver as I hoped it would have.

No comments: