My Qoop

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Snakes on a Plane (2006)

Snakes on a Plane (2006) Opened in theaters Friday August 18, 2006

Rating: 6 /10

The key word to this movie is PREDICTABLE.

The movie kept me entertained for the 1 hour and 45 minutes it was on. Was it worth the $5.00 matinee charge? Just barely. My thoughts are, Sam Jackson didn’t add value to the film, nor did his name make me want to see. Producers could have saved some money there. Concerning his line everyone is publicizing, it only made the delivery sound worse than what it would have otherwise.
Synopsis:
· Obviously a lot of people died
· One typical 30 second sex/nudity scene
· Nothing remotely different in this movie was truly impressive.
· Special effects on the snakes was really good
· Plot was plausible for a action/horror movie

Snakes on a Plane made me jump 3 or 4 times and it made me chuckle about 2 times. If you liked Executive Decision or Anaconda, then you would probably like this movie, because you could combine the two and you would come up with , you guessed it- Snakes on a Plane. If you didn’t like Anaconda, then you wouldn’t like this, because Anaconda actually had better acting.

This is my first posted review; I am open to positive criticism, please give me some suggestions of what other information you would like to see in this critique, and what did you like about my posting. The main purpose for me to start writing these reviews is to find others who share the same taste and feel the same about the reviews that are out there; the published reviews from better known critics are inaccurate to what I think of a movie. Most cases it boggles my mind on what they use for judgement basis.

No comments: