My Qoop

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Flickr Friend - Fallingwater123

Fallingwater123 - A true Southern Gentleman, knowledgable among the dead, and great company.

I met Don over Flickr about a month after I joined the website. Don does wonders in a cemetery and he truly brings those buried there back to life through the photos he takes of their tombs and grave markers. During a visit to Nashville this past weekend, I had the pleasure of meeting Don in the dark before sunrise, in an area I have never been, and let alone, in a Cemetery (parking lot)! He greeted me with a shovel, pick, and crow bar, wait no, it was cold bottle of water for the drive. Nevermind.

Along the way, Don set the tone with one of the creepest scores I have ever heard. Dark, heavy organ music played (Franz Listz) as we ascended into the graveyard; like I said on his posting of Mount Olivet, it is a moment I will not forget.

This particular photo was taken at the Marathon Motor Works in Nashville and each place that he took me turned out to be a true treasure.

Don, it was a pleasure meeting you and I look forward to our next photoshoot. Remember, lunch is on me next time -- guest or no guest. Thank you very much for sharing your time, city sites, and knowledge with me.


For those of you that are interested in his work, please check him out at:
www.flickr.com/photos/fallingwater123/. You will not regret it.

No comments: