My Qoop

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

One more Marker

By the time, I took this shot, Don and I were on our third hour in the cemetery. The light caught my eye and I thought this would make a nice photo of the tree roots and that one marker near the tree.

Many times throughout the time in the cemetery, a movie (made for television -- I cannot remember the name) I saw years ago came to mind. It was about a haunted house where a new family moved in. It is the same typical haunted house story everyone tends to remember. The house was built on a cemetery with unmarked graves and the bodies were never removed from the property before the builder came in for construction. The story's supposedly true, the family is tormented by spirits, weird things happen and cannot be explained, etc. Only one aspect was different in the story that always stuck with me - the perspective that the souls of the dead inherited the lives of foliage and trees because their bodies provided sustanance as the tree's roots grew into the dead. The movie suggested that these souls now watch us and are able to live as part of the tree. This thought never left me the whole time. Interesting thought though.

True or not. So I wonder if this tree was watching me. I wonder if they retain their names afterward. "Hi, I am Bobby Lee, the Rosebush."

No comments: