My Qoop

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The Lincoln Memorial - A Wonder of the World in my Back Yard

I have been to the Lincoln Memorial several times, but not since I bought my SLR. Going back and looking at the monument again and seeing the photos I was able to take away, I need to visit more often, preferably when all the tourists are in their hotels, sleeping with sunburn and bug bites. What an awesome feeling to be there in that monument. I bet this is what others feel like in iconic cities across the world. I am referring to those cities that have some of the world's greatest wonders in their backyard. I have yet to visit Rome or Italy where so many photos and paintings have carried away these images for others to experience, but I also have DC here to share the different photos. I feel blessed to be able to experience these sights. How many of us live around here and have never gone to some the places DC has to offer? How many years have passed since they have been back?

No comments: