My Qoop

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Flickr Friend - Katarzyna Swierczek

Kasia and I have become fast friends through friends and neighbors, but most notably, through photography and Flickr. Though this website provides ample subject matter for our discussions, we talk about everything under the sun. She is my Photography companion during the early morning weekends when we seek out another abandoned site or interesting photo opportunity.

To me, Kasia, as a good friend and photo buddy, she comprises a plethora of knowledge on so many topics. She is driven, creative, and a sense of humor that always makes me smile when I see her. My Polish friend has the ability to use vulgarity just enough to make you smile and laugh.

She possesses an evil eye that, in times of duress, may threaten to burst and squirt eyeball fluid all over. She calls it allergies; I call her “allergies” an event that has the ability to make me do the exorcist vomit exercise if anything threatens to land on me. I have photos to prove her eye can get huge and ominous.

Already, in the short span of a few months, we have gone on over a dozen excursions, had our blood sucked by packs of ticks the size of dinner plates, and we were almost arrested by a “pretend cop.” (Go figure.) Together, we have logged hundreds of miles on the roads and many hours behind the lens of a camera.

She is a Canon girl and I am a Nikon guy. This is my Flickr Friend, Kasia.

You can view her work here: www.flickr.com/photos/kswierczek/

No comments: